These quality 100V line transformers use a toroidal audio core and employ special winding techniques. This construction results in several advantages:
- A large frequency range of 20 - 35000Hz.
- High efficiency.
- Sufficient headroom to ensure that core saturation is almost impossible. (Core saturation occurs when the core is too small or the primary inductance is too low. This causes severe overload of the amplifier).
- Compatibility with any type of amplifier and loudspeaker. We have supplied these for many years and no problems have been experienced with connection to any amplifier or loudspeaker.
- Low internal resistances.
- Negligible magnetic stray field, allowing compact assemblies.
- High reliability. Only first class materials and workmanship are used.
- A good appearance compared to laminated transformers. Even after many years, no rust will be visible.
- Convenient mounting using a single bolt.
- Each type has an isolated 100V - 70V - 50V secondary winding.
- Optionally supplied with a special RC-circuit. This protects the amplifier against current pulses, which can be caused by switching or can be picked when using long 100V leads. The capacitor is a custom made bipolar type.
- These line transformers can also be used in reverse, from 100V to 4 or 8 Ω.