Echoke, electronic choke 450V 400mA
The Echoke is a completely built and tested module. The Echoke can replace existing traditional chokes.
Traditional chokes work very well in general, but have a few disadvantages :
- large weight
- large dimensions
- magnetic strayfield which can induce hum in surrounding electronic circuit.
The E-choke solves these problems en gives up till 70dB supply ripple reduction at currents up till 400mADC
Additionally a large reduction of the intermodulation distortion will be reached.
|UL40S2, triode, without E-choke||UL40S2, triode, with E-choke|
- Imax out 400mAdc
- Vmax in 450Vdc (can be adapted to 600Vdc max when changing input capacitor to suitable working voltage)
- ripple 15Vtt (maximum input ripple)
- C-in 330uF/450V (included on module): C-in may be reduced linearly when current consumption is lower than 400mA.
C-in must be reduced when valve rectification is applied.
C-out 330uF/450V (externally required, recommended value)
- Voltage drop <17Vdc (in-out at 400mAdc load)
- Dissipation <5W
- Heatsink integrated, connected to gnd
>40dB, time modus off (mostly used with class AB amplifiers)
>60dB, time modus on (recommended for class A amplifiers)
- short circuit NOT protected, always include fuse at module output
(Dutch) background article from Menno van der Veen:
NL_Tentlabs / VDV E-choke design (PDF)
(ENGLISH) background article from Menno van der Veen:
UK_Tentlabs / VDV E-choke design (PDF)